03 October, 2008

AMAZING ARCHIE!
Yesterday I went up to the Nickelodeon studios to dress David Archuleta.  He made a guest appearance on a show and did great!  I have to admit that it stresses me out picking out things to buy and then putting them together.  I feel like it is harder with a male.  With a girl you can find a cute dress or skirt on top of pants and shorts.  In David's case, there are only pants and shirts (he doesn't like to wear shorts) and I feel like it can get monatonous.  He is such a sweet person and I am amazed at how high his standards are.  In one of the scenes of the show he was supposed to say how he hated a specific character.  He asked the director if he could change the wording because he does not hate anyone and it bothers him to use that word.  LOVE HIM!  What a good example that kid is for standing up to what you believe!
First outfit for the show.  It is hard to see but it is a black tee with a vest with a hood attached, grey jeans and black shoes.
Second outfit for show.

Amy Foulger came up with me to help me out.  
I had to pick out something for him to wear to Miley Cyrus' sweet 16 birthday party this weekend at Disneyland too.  
We stopped at "Wasteland" to shop so we would miss the rush hour traffic. 
It was a long day but fun!  I now have to look for 10 other outfits for several appearances in November including Ellen, Jay Leno, Regis and Kelly, Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and The Today Show.  I think I will be very busy and a little stressed the next month or so. Yikes!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

those outfits were great! it can get hard with guys, at least with the fall now here you can bring in sweaters, hats and marfs... man scarf. happy shopping!!

ali said...

please style me. please.

karlin said...

Go Summer! That would stress me out. Do you have a good budget at least??

hub of the house said...

Summer- This is amazing! I am so happy for your new side gig!

camille said...

Love it! And I love Amy! How cute are you girls?! Archie looked great in all his threads. Great job, Summer~

Seriously, can you help me pick out outfits for our xmas pics or what?

A and M said...

What a fun job, you have such a fun life!

Teagan said...

I am with Karlin-Do you have a good budget at least??
This is so awesome! you have an eye!:) he looked great!

Shalyse said...

he looked HOT! and all those upcoming events. how cool! you are going to be like the stylist they start to talk about!!!

I can't wait to see your name in lights! :-)

ok...and where the heck do you find all your cute skinny jeans? as you can tell from my last post, I am freaking CLUELESS!!! do you get them hemmed??? I just can't try them on and imagine what they are going to look like hemmed.

stylist to the stars (that's you): HELP A GIRL OUT! :-)

Mama Mia said...

So cool Summer! I love that Archie is so nice! Show us all his looks..so fun to see! I love the hooded vest!

The Trotter Family said...

Fun, what a cool gig! I bet is nice for him to be dressed by an LDS person too. He doesn't have to explain his standards or feel like a prude. He looks good!

g.lock said...

good looks! i can't believe how busy you'll be with all the other upcoming assignments. that's awesome.

Valley Girl said...

OK SO...HOW DID YOU END UP DOING THIS??? YOU OF COARSE WOULD BE THE FIRST PERSON I WOULD WANT TO STYLE ME...BUT SERIOUSLY??? HOW DID THE NETWORKING WORK???
I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE PUTING YOUR TALENTS TO USE...FOR THE WORLD TO SEE!!!

PS WE SWITCHED TO A BLOG FINALLY:)

Bill and Paige said...

Can you style me?

Let me guess...you get to go to Miley Cyrus' bday party:)

SUMMER said...

You guys are all so nice but really... I don't know what I am doing. Learning process.

Bethers said...

I love his outfits, they fit his personality. I want to know the dates that he will be on those shows. I haven't seen him lately.

Emily said...

How cool is your side job! Especially working with Archie! Any autographs for my sister this time? Seriously, my brother wants to talk to you about CALLE. Did you get my message awhile ago? Great pictures!

Jenny said...

He looked great at the party. Can't wait to see what you come up with for all those shows!