30 October, 2008

FOLLOW THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD...
Last night Amanda hosted a small family/friend Halloween get together themed "The Wizard of Oz".  The kids had so much fun and Bryan and I did too!  I have never seen so many Dorothy, Tin Man, Scarecrow and Cowardly Lion things.  It was great!
Berkley loved the fog machine and eating lots of candy of course!
Haven came as Minnie Mouse but when Frelly didn't want to wear her Dorothy costume... Amanda asked Haven if she wanted to wear it.  Haven was on cloud 9 the whole night!
Haven and Berkley with cousins Octopus Reese and Shark Beck!
The cute hostess with all her Halloween cuties!
The kids ate lots of Chili, Cornbread and of course CUPCAKES!
Amanda had these darling Wizard of Oz lunch pails for their trick or treating bags.  
She had themed buckets around the house with lots of different candy.  For instance... one of the Dorothy buckets had "Rainbow" licorice and the other had "green" glow sticks for Emerald City.  She ordered "Lion" candy bars from the UK for the Lion bucket and had Smarties in another bucket for the Scarecrow.  It was very well put together and so creative!
Thanks for such a fun night Amanda... it's not like your life isn't crazy right now and to do this for the children was very thoughtful!

14 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

that looks like so much fun. What a fun fun party! She is like the candy/treats fairy! I bet all the kids had a blast.

ali said...

what a sweetie to do all that for the kids! Amanda seems amazing!

Lisa Harris said...

Wow..how fun. Amanda, you are beyond creative. What a memorable night!

kate said...

it was a blast! mo definately knows how to throw a party!

amanda said...

i love you pudds...thanks for helping me still put it on. my girls loved it. btw you give me way too much credit!

maryam said...

Haven was the cutest Dorothy I have EVER seen! I have chili and cupcakes coming out of my ears.

Bill and Paige said...

What a great party! I love the theme..wizard of oz is one of my fav's!

Teagan said...

okay how fun is this!!!

what a cute idea!

karlin said...

cute costumes. i love all the fun festivities. your friend amanda must have a lot of energy. good job for standing up for yourselves on prop 8 and i love the pumpkin patch pictures and happy anniversary!!

lauren said...

my kids are being the same thing as your sisters kids? how funny is that? i just read your last post about prop 8 and you and your friend handled that situation perfectly. i wish i could say i would have done the same... i actually got into it with two "ladies" whom i caught putting their sign up directly in front of mine. i tried my best to keep it together but i was shaking i was so upset. i was actually at d land yesterday and i was going to put a few stickers on my stroller, then i thought.. probably not the best with my kids around.. i still cant believe those ladies, i would have gone off.... its so sad and just a sign of the times... i guess private school is our next option.

camille said...

HOW FUN! Amanda is so fun and I just love her!

Anonymous said...

Cutest thing I have ever seen! I am coming home for the next two months so I will talk to you soon!

Marcy said...

I can't believe she did all that! There is so much cuteness going on in those pics, I'm not sure where to start! Go Amanda!

Tiffany said...

Too cute! Haven looks PERFECT!