15 October, 2008

On monday while Berkley was at her play group with this cute bunch...
..I was able to take Haven alone on her field trip at Tanaka Farm!  She was so excited and we had the best time.  It is a fun place with lots to do!

First up... the petting zoo!  There was a cute baby black sheep, a pig and many goats like this one.
Then we got on a tractor ride to see all the different things that are grown there.
Her favorite part (and mine too) was picking fresh vegatables right out of the ground!
At the end... they all get to pick and take home a pumpkin from the patch!

When we got home... Haven and I cleaned and cut up the vegetables to put in our dinner pot roast.
She is such a big helper and we had a really nice day together!

12 comments:

The Robin Family said...

The carrots and green beans looked so good, as soon as I got home I washed them and ate them up. I loved going to Tanaka Farms and picking Watermelon and pumpkins, I can't wait for the strawberries.

I loved Haven's red cowboy boots.

Janice said...

Haven looks so grown up in that last picture!!!

Shalyse said...

cute cute!!! pumpkin patches are always so much fun :-) She looks like she's having a ball!

Brooke Wilkins said...

that is adorable!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait for preschool!!!!!!!

Bill and Paige said...

That place looks so fun! I need to get there one time while I'm visiting home.

I love her red boots! Too cute:)

What a fun day for her to spend just with you!!

Those veggies looked delicious!

Hess Fam said...

So remind me why you dindn't tell me about the Red Mango in Newport last night??? ;)
I love the picture of your beautiful locks blowing in the wind!

Lesley said...

What a fun day! I love that last picture of her! So cute! A pot roast sounds so good to me right now! Maybe I will have to make that for tonight! :)

Sarah Hull said...

I am loving the fresh veggies straight from the ground! What a fun Haven/mommy day! She is such a doll!

Jeff and Kandis said...

What a great place, i've never heard of it. Haven looks so grown up in those pictures. What a fun mother/daughter day!

Anonymous said...

Haven looks adorable in those boots. I can't believe that you actually got her to wear jeans... did you bribe her?
Are you sitting on a helpless lil' pumpkin in that pic w/ Tarah? Wait,of course you are!

hub of the house said...

LOVE Berkley's preppy stripe ensemble!

The Dean Family said...

what a fun day!! and i love haven's red cowboy boots!! and those carrots look so yummy!