17 September, 2008

WHILE THE HUSBANDS ARE AWAY....

... The wives will play!!!  Bryan and Amanda's husband Anthony left to Chicago on a work trip for a few days so on monday night... we had our own little family night and slumber.

It started off with some mini bean and cheese burritos from Las Colondrinas!  They are the BEST!  
Of course we had to head up to SPRINKLES for our favorite treat... cupcakes!
This one loved them!
We kept hearing about Bristol Farms cupcakes and how they are so much better than Sprinkles so Amanda pulled over and bought some!
They looked so beautiful and almost too pretty to eat!  We couldn't wait to taste them.
Amanda took a bite and looked disgusted!
I only needed one lick of what smelled like cardboard to know it was nasty!
As the night went on... Amanda had a little too much sugar.  She thought it would be funny to throw the gross cupcakes at my car.
Good hits... I knew I would be headed straight to the car wash in the morning!  Thanks a lot Mo!  I will get you back one day my friend...
Wasted cupcakes!  There are starving kids in Africa Amanda!
When we got home... we put the kids to bed.  But not with out a HUGE book that Amanda made me read the kids.  I could barely hold it up and the pages were hard to turn.
Clean and ready for bed!
Cute friends excited to slumber!
5 kids made us pooped....

17 comments:

amanda said...

i look like alpheba with a mullet

Mama Mia said...

Slumber party...what a fun idea while the husbands are away! You and your sprinkles :) Come open one up here in Omyheck! I have never tried one!

Bill and Paige said...

What a fun night!

Have you ever tried the sprinkles recipe from Williams Sonoma? According to the lady she said they tasted just like them. I almost bought it but I was afraid they don't tasts as good and you're the best to ask:)

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

you girls are such dorks...but that's why i love you two. i love the posed "sleeping" picture at the end!

The Trotter Family said...

I've been hearing that the Bristol Farms cupcakes were better than Sprinkles too. I'm bummed! I haven't had them, but I was thinking that they are so much closer it would be so convenient! I've just been making my own lately. I got giant cupcake pans from the party store and been baking a lot lately. Let me know if you want some!

Ash and Christian said...

I would read that book to my kids every night and consider it my work-out for the day. Goodbye 24 Hour Fitness!

The Dean Family said...

that looks like so much fun...sorry the cupcakes were nasty..ha!ha!...ella LOVES starbucks pure chocolate frozen drink..whenever she sees starbucks she has to have one...i just saw the sign for their pumpkin drink...i'm going to have to try that w/out the coffee of course:)

SUMMER said...

Paige, yes I have tried the Williams sonoma mix and they are really delicious but I think a fresh one from the store is still better! Something about the thick frosting.
Rachel, you are more than welcome to drop off giant cupcakes anytime. :)

shell said...

good fake-out on the trying to sleep!

jayna said...

Love the photo-docu-drama!

Sarah Hull said...

You two are cracking me up so much right now! I am dying over the cupcake throwing! So funny!

Jenny said...

Do you think think the starving kids would want cupcakes? How 'bout a bowl of rice instead? You guys are too too much! Love the self-portrait of you "sleeping."

SUMMER said...

Oh Jenny... anyone would love a cupcake. :)

Perley Family said...

What a great idea. Trent travels all over for work and usually I just do dinner with a friend, but a slumber party...how fun!

Lesley said...

Fun girls night!! I was laughing at the cupcake throwing! That is so funny!

zuniga family said...

The cupcake throwing is SOOOOO Amanda! How fun! Anytime you want to get Amanda back, can you please tell me because I would LOVE to be there!

karlin said...

you girls are hilarious. i love the picture of you reading the HUGE story book.