08 September, 2008

PALM SPRINGS!
With out any Palm Springs trips this summer due to the 118 degree weather they have... we figured it was September and time to go out again.  We enjoyed a fun weekend with the Hess Fam starting with a visit to the outlets.  


We lounged in the pool with popsicles almost the whole time because it was still HOT!  The temperature settled at over 100!

We went to dinner at a yummy BBQ place called "Babes"!


Then came home and put the kids to bed and let the FUN begin!  We ate Ice Cream and played games until the late night!

Then the next morning... poor Megan broke her toe!  It didn't look very bad at first and then got HUGE and PURPLE!  She was in pain.
We managed to get ourselves out for breakfast even though Megan was in pain and I was tired from only 3 hours of sleep (I can thank Berkley for that one)!
We drove to breakfast and to get Megan some Ace Bandages in the Electric car.  Collin loved it and screamed "Weee!"  the whole time!
We did a quick tour of my favorite hotel "The Parker"
And then came home and floated some more!
We ended the trip with one last stop at The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner!  I LOVE that place and in particular their pesto salad dressing.  I bought a pint of it for $4 and can't wait to have it on some salads this week!!!
We brought Gordon and he was PERFECT!  What a good dog!  And a wonderful trip...

13 comments:

SMALL and TALL said...

Sum got some shoes for you, give me a call so we can meet up!

Lisa Harris said...

Wha..we should have come. Everything looked perfect except Megan's toe. So gross..
You all look lovely. I'm in for next time.

Hess Fam said...

Is that a stuffed animal??? ;)
Total fun party! Thank you SO much fun all the memories we made. We loved it!

Teagan said...

how fun... you girls look like super models..
so, where do you stay when you go?
I am so jealous of you wearing a sweatshirt. aaaaahhhh...its still so hot here. I dont think our fall/winter will ever come.

Kippy said...

I don't know what to be envious of the most.....the trip, hanging with Hess', the relaxing, the good food?? Okay--all of it!

Anonymous said...

umm... was that the return of the headband? i thought we came to a conclusion on that one. ha. looks like another fun Thacker weekend!

Marcy said...

I love checking your blog on Mondays as there is always a fun adventure posted with cute pics to boot. I like to live vicariously through you---I wish I had the time and money to do what you do! This weekend I was potty training...jealous of me? I know you are!

It was fun to run into you guys last week. You do seem to find all the deals! I think I'll go back and pick up those paints for christmas. I should have had Amanda run and get me some when she offered. Just as I thought, I'm now kicking myself!

Gordon is so cute too. Glad he's such a good dog!

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Palm Springs but you are making it look quite tempting. Looks like such a great trip.

SUMMER said...

Kiks... different headband just for you! Ha :)

Brooke Wilkins said...

i am so jealous that you got a fun weekend away! SO so awesome! give me a call back and let me know when we can get together! You are too crazy girl! Did you know that this friday the Nordstrom Rack opens up? let me know if you wanna go with me the first day it opens!

The Dean Family said...

what a fun weekend!!! it's great to get away

Elizabeth said...

what a fun weekend! How awesome that you got to bring Gorden too!

Jenny said...

Poor Megan!
Looks like fun.
(The trip, not the toe!)