14 September, 2008

Haven's big week!
It started off with her first sharing time of the year! She was excited and wanted to show her class that she got a dog over the summer. I brought Gordon in and let her talk about him and then the kids were able to ask Haven questions. It was really cute and she was very happy that she was able to do this.


Last saturday should have been Haven's first soccer game but since we were in Palm Springs, today was her first. Before going we went to buy her all the goods: cleats, shin guards and a size 3 ball!

I was the crazy person yelling on the sidelines that if she scored a goal she could have anything she wants! OK- not really. I think it was just Ice Cream but I got a little too into it. I think I LOVED playing soccer so much I wanted to be out there myself and score a goal and since I couldn't... I needed Haven to do it for me. Maybe just one goal this season.

I love that Cate is on her team because they have completely different schedules this year and it is nice that they can be together every saturday for the next couple months.
After her game, Bryan wanted to head down to the harbor to see Marc paddle board (it is Bryan and his friend's new favorite thing to do). Haven wanted to get out and see Kaili and Maren and the next thing we knew... she was playing in the sand and water in her uniform! Oh well.
Ms. Shaggy bangs wanted to get down and dirty too!  And that made for another wet outfit to bring home.
I then decided to take a little paddle ride around the harbor fully clothed. Good thing the board didn't tip or that would have made for 3 wet outfits to bring home!!!
Haven's night ended with a USC game her daddy took her to. She was really excited! I was really jealous!
Of course they creamed Ohio state which puts them right in as the #1 team in the country!!! Go Trojans!!!

20 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Only Haven can make a soccer uniform look cute!! I loved her hair up with little bows:)

Anonymous said...

You are SO Jennifer Aniston on that paddleboard- I wanna try!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so hillarious! Paddle Boarding with clothes on... the best part is the boat in the back! Loves It! ~ Korinne

Hess Fam said...

A winning team=A happy husband in my house...so Go Trojans!
I'm really liking Haven's hair in those low pig-tails. Very cute on her. Did the kids ask Haven if Gordon was her stuffed animal?

shell said...

i still can't believe how much she looks like bry!! she is way prettier though!

Brooke Wilkins said...

falling in with clothes on would've been a story! how awesome! How cute that Haven went to the game with her daddy.

queenieweenie said...

You go soccer mom!!!

Although, you're not really a soccer mom till you make the whole team hairbows...like me!

amanda said...

spuds...you crack me up...i talk to you every day, and i still am surprised at all the crazy things you've been up to...hope you feel better, i feel like crap!
xo potato bugs forever

Lisa Harris said...

May I remind you again that I wish I lived is such a beautiful place..
Haven looks perfect in her soccer gear. i hope she wins her ice cream treat.

Lisa Harris said...

May I remind you again that I wish I lived is such a beautiful place..
Haven looks perfect in her soccer gear. i hope she wins her ice cream treat.

kate said...

looking good Havs in your uniform. we are so excited you are playing soccer. we can't wait to come and watch a game.

Anonymous said...

okay, you are freakishly athletic! captain of the cheer team, rockin' the soccer field, pro roller skater and now the paddle board?... only you! xoxo

Jason and Layna said...

Go Haven!! She looks so cute in her soccer uniform.

ali said...

nice summer. I don't want to say I would have liked to see you fall in, but kinda I would. that would have made for some good blogging material!

Maury said...

Looks like fun... all of it! Your girls are too adorable!

I am jealous of the weather there. It is still way too hot here.

The Dean Family said...

paddle boarding is HUGE over here right now..you see so many of them on the beaches as you're driving by..that's so fun you gave it a shot with your clothes on!!..josh watched some of the usc game and when i walked by and notice who the teams were i thought of you and was wondering if you were there!! so fun that haven and her daddy got to go!!!

Maeve said...

Haven is so darling. I love that she is playing soccer. That is so fun.

Ann Marie said...

Paddle board mania I tell you! Tony has been into it too lately. Since we have been staying at my parents on lake MV due to our construction, Tony has been going out with a neighbor guy. So fun! I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to before we move back into our house!

g.lock said...

it's so fun to see haven doing like big kid stuff! i mean soccer, come on--she doesn't seem old enough yet. she looks so dang adorable!!

UsdailyReader said...

Hi Summer,

I think you've said that you live in Laguna Niguel. Jeff and I are moving to Laguna Niguel this weekend (Golden Lantern & Marina Hills area) and I have a 3 year old daughter that I have to find a preschool for. Do you mind emailing me and letting me know where you take Haven. It looks like it's in a home, is the teacher LDS? Any info would be great! Thanks Summer...love your blog!

Kendyl Daly
kendyldaly@hotmail.com