28 April, 2008

A HOT day at the Farm!

Today Haven's pre-school had a field trip at a cute little farm close by. It was a HOT one with temperatures nearing 100 degrees!  The children still had fun riding horses, petting goats and sheep (or in Berkley's case... getting attacked by one!) and holding little guinea pigs and bunnies.  A few were accidently thrown when scratching got aggressive... and we won't talk about the bunny with the broken neck. I can't even think about it.  It makes me sad.  But luckily it wasn't anyone from our group of kids.  The day trip ended with a train ride there on the farm. Both my girls had a great time!


The kids got to see many interesting things...




10 comments:

the cummard family said...

that's what we call home. just another day on the "farm." minus the guinea pigs...instead we have pop bellies!

Brooke Wilkins said...

Did one of the kids throw a bunny and they broke its neck? How sad! I love how you are looking perfect in a white blouse even though it was triple digit heat! Can't wait to watch Idol tonight!

The Robin Family said...

I love the San Juan farm. So sad about the bunny. I hope a lot of kids didn't see that. You always have fun experiences.

jayna said...

Cute pictures...especially the guinea pigs! And that's rather unfortunate about the bunny...wow..that's alot of "life lessons" in one preschool outing!

Lesley said...

What a fun field trip! Cute pictures! I can't believe that it is 100 degrees there! WOW! That is very sad about the bunny.

Roney Family said...

Looks like you girls had a great time! I cant believe how grown up berkley is looking! Love the pictures!

Ashley Park said...

You have got to be the only person who wears a clean, pressed white blouse to the farm, and leaves there looking like that. I took O there and had to come right home and bath, i was covered.

camille said...

those pics are so cute. I love the "picture Monday", too. That will be on their desks when they are in college. I always think of things that way cause those are always my fav's with me and my parents. All their friends will say, "Wow! You Mom is seriously HOT!!!"

Anonymous said...

Wait Haven wears jeans now?! When did this happen? Your girls look cute in their summer wear. Can't wait for it to warm up here.

Wendy said...

Berkley's hair is getting so long. Is she sporting ponytails now?