15 August, 2008

THREE TRUE TALES!

1. "THE TAG"
Sometimes I don't take the tags off of my clothes.  Most of the time it is b/c I have put holes in too many things after trying to pull them off.  So I just tuck them in until I can remember to get to scissors.  
Yesterday I was checking out of Target with the norms: dental floss, mac and cheese, toilet paper, etc. The customer behind me gets my attention and tells me that there is something sticking out of the top of my pants.   I immediately think it is my G's.  She then tugs at a tucked in tag that I had forgotten to take off of my shorts.  Here is how the conversation went after that:
Me: "Oh... how embarrassing!  I forgot to cut the tag off this morning!"  
Her: "Is that really what happened or are you trying to steal those?"
Me (showing her the tag): "No I am not trying to steal these!  They are NOT even from here!  Look, they are from Urban Outfitters."
Her: "That doesn't mean you didn't steal them from there!"
STEAM IS COMING OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!  I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY... AS SOON AS MY THINGS ARE DONE BEING BAGGED I REPLY....
Me: "I would stop going around accusing people of things they didn't do.  That is so tacky!" 
Her: "I have seen a lot of things..."

The worst part is when I was walking back to the car with my kids and Haven looks up at me and says, "Mommy... did you steal something?"  I wanted to cry and then I wanted to go find the lady and tell her she dare NEVER EVER say anything like that to a person in front of children!!!  I was shaking for hours... the nerve!  Between her and the 911 dog caller.... what is it with these psycho ladies?  Do they not see that I am just an innocent house wife trying to get through a day?


2. "A GUILTY CONSCIOUS?"
Yesterday we also got a phone call from Jet Blue airlines that someone had called them to say they found Bryan's Iphone (7 weeks later)!!!  They told us that his name was Mr. Martin and that he wanted them to call us and give us his phone number.  The Jet Blue employee had also mentioned that his story changed a few times!  To back up to the day Bryan lost it, we both left knowing that the guy sitting next to Bryan had stolen it.  We thought it was long gone.  Then suddenly we get a random story from this guy that he had found it on the plane and tried to come find us.  Then he had a surgery and had forgotten about it until he just found it in his drawer.  My question is, why did he not turn it in to the Jet Blue desk that day?  And why did Bryan and I see NO sign of him when we were at the airport an extra 45 minutes having security go back on the plane to see if it was there?

Did this poor guy have a guilty conscious?  I think so!  And although it has been a pain for Bryan to wait in line for a new Iphone and go through a bunch of other crap, I somehow commend this guy for trying to do the right thing and get us the phone back! 

3. THE PEG LEG
The last tale is as simple as this.  I called Bryan at work tuesday and told him I was going to In-n-out for lunch.  I asked him if he would be coming home for his lunch break and if he would like something from there.  He said yes.  When the girls and I got home, we saw his car out front but Bryan was no where to be found.  Until we hear this "Arghh me hardies, I be over here" and then see this...

We are going to a pirate party this weekend and Bryan decided to come home and try on some costumes.  I seriously LOVE this guy and he keeps me laughing all the time.  Who comes home on their lunch break to try on costumes???

26 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Who does that? My dream of a friend! Bryan just went up a lot of notches for pulling that one! I have a funny story about a peg legged pirate at a party I went to but I better just tell you in person. A little embarrassing!

Elizabeth said...

I cannot beleive that lady said that to you! How embarrassing for her! I love Bryan's Pirate costume, have fun tonight!!

The Robin Family said...

How is he going to walk on that leg all night? You guys always dress up so well for parties.

I'm sorry about the comment from that lady. But we cheared you up quickly with a great shopping trip at ON.

Ann Marie said...

OK the lady at Target went TOO FAR. Obviously if the tag is not from Target she should just keep her mouth closed. I am sorry that she was so rude to you in front of the girls. BTW which Target do you go to? My fave is the one off of Jeronimo and Los Alisos. Way nice and new. You should try going there if you haven't already. A little bit of a drive, but way worth it in my opinion. That's the only one I go to now. Better selection of goods.

amanda said...

do you need me to throw a giant cupcake at her face? b-dog's peg leg.....too much to handle!

The Dean Family said...

SUMMER!!! that lady!! how rude! you poor thing! that was not nice of her ..especially in front of your kids!! you and brian are two peas in a pod..i love it! and i LOVE the post below!! such good words of wisdom!! have fun at your party this weekend!

Bill and Paige said...

So, I've totally done that thing witht he tags, except that I was at Banana Republic where I bought them and the tag was still on. I went to try clothes on and realized I still had the tag on. I quickly got dressed and left hoping that they wouldn't stop me. It was scary at the time, but I look back and laugh!! Regardless, I still can't believe that lady! People need to mind their own business!!

That's exciting you'll get your phone back, but probably too late as you already replaced it:)

I love Brian's costume...I can't wait to see both of you dressed up:)

Bill and Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You Thackers are so funny with your costumes. Sorry about the rude lady. I probably would have cried.

ali said...

How on earth is bryan making the peg leg look so real? where is his real leg? I'm so confused right now!

the cummard family said...

i cannot take nosey people. doesn't anyone mind their own business lately. who accuses a stranger of stealing. and that is so creepy about the iphone.

jayna said...

1.I have no words
2. I's like to see more honest thiefs
3. Brian is hilarious!

Tiffany said...

OMG. Like I said about the Dog 911 lady. Good thing I wasn't there, or my kid would have heard a worse word than steal! That is crazy!
Hope you get the phone back, and Matt would like to know if Bryan wants to play dress up any time soon? :)

kate said...

i am dying. every story gets better and better. if you ever guessed where havs got her funny personality, now you know.

Laura Ek said...

Good for you for telling her she was tacky- that was sooo rude of her! And I'll say it again, you and Bryan are perfect for each other!!

Brooke Wilkins said...

the nerve of that lady! I would've said something to her. She is crazy. oh by the way Bryan's outfit ROCKS! I love it! What are you wearing to the party? I must see pics!

amberbuck said...

Summer, I don't know how people can look at you and think you would be a: a dog killer or b: a thief. Do you have a lot of pretty housewife criminals in your neighborhood or something? I would love for someone to say something like that to me....maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea....sorry you had such a crazy day!

SUMMER said...

Amanda... no I don't want you to throw a giant cupcake in her face. I want you to throw one in mine... preferably red velvet!

Maury said...

I cannot believe someone accused you of stealing something. Seriously what a crazy person!

Kippy said...

So funny, all three! You meet the craziest people and that peg leg is hilarious.

Tarah said...

what was wrong with that Lady!! She sure was persistant. How rude!
I was hoping to see that peg leg tonight but it's just as good seeing it on the blog. I love the enthusiasm.

Christy said...

I wish Bryan could walk with that thing on! That is so funny.

I am glad you didn't back down to that lady. Some people are unbelievable!

g.lock said...

wow wow wow.
crazy lives you guys have!
that is SO lame about that lady at target. and glad you got the iPhone back, but retarded story. and bryan is such the man for being himself.

maryam said...

Bryan's peg leg is classic! You guys sure know how to keep things FUN!!

Nate and Tasha said...

Unbelievable (and I am talking about Bryan)! :)

karlin said...

I am cracking up over Bryan and his costume. I can't believe that lady at Target. Seriously? I hate TAGS too. One plus to buying things online. They don't have tags.