07 August, 2011

Blah Blah Blah

I was way behind on my blog. I have been so busy and overwhelmed. July 2011 was probably our craziest and busiest month to date. In a nutshell:
* We gave Gordon away. I knew it was the right decision for us. Being home with 3 young children didn't allow much extra time for an animal. I loved him. Alot. He was one of the cutest animals I had ever seen. After I had August I think he felt jealous. He started peeing on the floors. Mostly in just one room. But it grossed me out and one day I couldn't take it anymore and got rid of him while Bryan was away on a surf trip. Our good friends have him now. They have two teenage daughters who give G lots of love and attention. He gets walked everyday. I am happy for him.
*Gordon didn't have fleas the whole 3 years we had him. Until he left. I think it was his last "skrew you" to us. They were everywhere. It was nasty. Berkley got bit about 89 times and we thought she had chicken pox. We sprayed the whole house. After you spray you have to vacuum with a new bag everyday for awhile. We were disgusted by what we were getting in our carpets daily. We pulled the trigger and put all new hardwood floors downstairs. We also re-carpeted upstairs (with short carpet) and feel much cleaner! Having work done in your house is lots of work. We basically had to move everything out of our house and then re-move back in.
*My niece Reese suffered from a strange bacterial infection while they were down visiting and she had to be hospitalized and have an emergency surgery. My poor sister is still nursing her 3 month old and went back and forth to feed the baby and then to be with Reese. Bryan and I helped out as much as we could that week. It was a crazy time. Glad to report she is doing well.
*Entertaining kids all day everyday that want to be going non-stop. There are some days that have been wonderful that I have truly enjoyed. And others where I could curse at the schools for letting them out for 10 weeks! I love being able to stay in our jammies for awhile in the mornings. And not doing hair. And letting them pick out awful outfits because I simply just don't care in the summer. But a schedule is SO nice. Both for them and for me! Another 4 weeks! Deep breaths!
*Bryan is in job transition. A few different things can work out and will be great. I feel very blessed. It is just knowing what path he should take. And that has been a little stressful. Lots of doors were opened in July for him. This month we should know what is in store for the future. He is amazing. I love him more now than I ever have. We have really grown as a couple lately. He has been working from home and I think we both have seen how hard the other person works each day. I hope he knows I will always support him and his decisions.
I think there was more than this but I can't remember. I am still behind in my life now and hope to catch up soon.

No comments: