07 August, 2011

2 years



Our little August is such a sweetheart. We LOVE her to pieces and she can rarely do wrong in our eyes. She is talking up a storm and wants to be big like her sisters in the worst way. She wakes up every morning and the first words out of her mouth are "Ipad" and "Chocolate Milk"! A girl after my heart. Our favorite thing she does is say "Stop it" every time we do something she doesn't like. She is super polite (other than the Stop it comments) and always says "Thank you Mommy" or "Thank you Daddy" after we do ANYTHING for her. This includes even a diaper change. All of my mom's Italian relatives claim she looks like a "little Sangineto baby" (which was my grandma's maiden name). I don't know if it because she is named after Augustine Sangineto that they say that or if she really does. But from the looks of my baby pictures... she has lots of me in her. I have a special bond with this girl (despite that my name is Summer and hers is August). I do with all of my daughters of course. I know I have written before that I had regret after I named her. I didn't love it. I actually still don't. But I have felt so strongly that I needed to name her this. I know that I have a little angel in heaven smiling down on her beaming with pride. It sounds so corny of course. But it is true. My great grandparents were a huge part of my life growing up. They were poor, selfless people who would have given us the world. I miss them a lot. I wish my girls could have known them. But sometimes I think about how they probably did. I hope my daughters can be like them. And I'm glad one of them can carry on their name. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUGUST!

No comments: