08 April, 2010

Five for Fighting






Earlier this week David took my sister and I to a "Five for Fighting" concert at The Wiltern in LA. I am OBSESSED! I have been to many concerts but this was one of the best ones EVER! AMAZING!!! It was so intimate and John (the lead singer) has the prettiest voice and is simply brilliant! He told the story behind every song before he sang it. It was inspiring, uplifting and touching. One of my favorite parts of the show was when he brought his son up to the stage and said "You'll always be my Superman little buddy" and dedicated that song to him. His cute little son sat at the piano with his dad the whole song. It was DARLING! He also sang a cute song about his daughter. And a really cute one about a mustang that his dad brought him home from the hospital in as a baby. Twenty years later he brought his son home from the hospital in the same mustang! CHILLS! David who has seen everyone in concert said it was his favorite show he has ever been to. My sister and I have been calling each other every day singing the songs and talking about how wonderful the night was. After the show we went to Benito's for some midnight mexican. It was delicious and we were laughing how there was a sink right in the middle of the restaurant! Gotta love LA!
P.S. David's good friend Matt Wertz opened for Five for Fighting and he is really good! SUPER nice guy with tons of personality. I wish him success in the future. Check out his music. It's great stuff! I put LOTS of my fave FFF and Matt Wertz songs on my sidebar so make sure to listen. "Slice" he wrote with the guy who did WICKED and "If God made you" and "World" are awesome!

No comments: