11 April, 2010

Spring Break





















I was semi dreading a week long of entertaining the kids. Haven is the type to ask "Who are we playing with and what do we get to do now?" every few minutes. Funny thing is that my mom told me I would ask the same thing when I was her age. The week turned out to be the MOST FUN week! I LOVED lounging, playing games with the girls, going to the beach, park and strawberry fields. Rides in Patti's new convertable bug, a pirate b-day party, pizza at the pool, ice cream, In-n-out and the mall pet shop!

I think the one thing that we will always remember is something that I am embarrassed to admit. I was really tired one morning from staying up too late of course. I think I had gone to bed at 2:30 and the girls woke up around 6:30. I got out of bed and set the house alarm so I would wake up if they opened any doors. Then I put two $5 bills on the counter. I said "If you girls can watch one movie this morning with out making any noise then you can come wake me up after and I will take you to Target to pick out anything you want with this money." It worked like a charm. We had so much fun picking things out and it was actually a budgeting lesson too. As we went around the store and found stuff I would say "you have enough for this item and can get one more small thing" or "that is more than you have so you can keep your money and save more to come back later if you would like." We were there over an hour and ended up with some great things. I was happy with their purchases. I am actually really excited about the summer! I like to play as much as they do!

No comments: