12 July, 2009

Mini Vaca!
Bryan and I have been having such a nice time spending one on one time with each other! We were able to get away just overnight for a last minute birthday/ babymoon celebration! We got a great deal on The Langham Hotel in Pasadena that will now forever be a favorite of ours. It was gorgeous and the staff was great! We did the things we enjoy the most: laying by the pool, shopping and eating! I think we are refreshed and ready for this baby now.
The outside area at night
It didn't matter that I forgot my toothbrush or Q-tips. This was in our bathroom with everything you could think of and we got to take it all home including the cute leather box!
Of course I found the cupcake shop! Although Bryan was the one who got to eat most of them!
This was in our room when we got home from dinner. WHY is there delicious sugary sweets every where I turn? It's killing me!!!
We had a quiet breakfast!
And headed to the much talked about Rose Bowl Flea market. We had a Rob Lowe sighting, got some great finds and almost died of heat stroke! I had to call it quits only 2 hours into it! You need a whole day to see everything! Unreal!
Bryan with a purchase and cold beverage!
My favorite find. A vintage bracelet from the 1950's for only $5!
This nice worker, Marta befriended the pregnant girl and both days brought me out a surprise treat for the baby. JUNK FOOD everywhere. Not good!

We became friends with another pregnant couple at the pool who were from Long Beach. Erin is due exactly when I am with her first! I am really excited for them! There is nothing cooler than being a first time parent!
On our way out of town, we stopped by the "Father of the Bride" house! The neighborhood was AMAZING! Right out of a magazine. I would not mind living in Pasadena!
It was a great little trip! VERY fun place to get away to! The next few weeks will consist of getting the crib down, baby clothes washed and bags packed. I can hardly believe it!

14 comments:

Hess Fam said...

That's funny you took a picture in front of that house. When my sister lived up there, our Halloweens were spent in that neighborhood!
And of course you made friends with another gal at the pool. Whom I'm sure is due after you and hated your miniature nonexistant belly!

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

fun fun fun in the sun.

i want to go to that hotel...asap. but how can i leave my baby? one day.

Brooke Wilkins said...

That is so funny! Bret and I are doing the same thing in August. I have heard good things about that hotel! Awesome! I can't wait to go and see the Father of the Bride house! How funny! I have never heard of or been to the Rose Bowl Flea market so you'll have to tell me if I should go. BTW you look sooooo good in every picture! ridiculous!

Lisa Harris said...

I am going to boycott your blog until you gain 20 more pounds!

Laura Ek said...

I used to work a lot in Pasadena for different events. It's so tucked away and beautiful. I remember doing a wedding out there and it was at a gorgeous hotel in that area. Glad you got to go somewhere new, and have a get-away before your life gets much busier! I am so excited for you and can't wait to get back and hang! Happy Birthday BTW!! You look fantastic!

Janice said...

what a wonderful little get away! I'm glad you had a great time! Just what you need and deserve before a new baby~

Lesley said...

What a fun little getaway! Good for you for doing something fun before baby girl #3 comes along! You look beautiful Summer and are seriously the cutest pregnant lady!!! I love it!

Roney Family said...

How nice you were able to get away! What a great thing!! Good luck with getting ready now!!

Wendy said...

My sister in law Katie works at Langham (formerly ritz-Carlton) in the spa doing massage and facials. Love Pasadena! Glad you got to relax together.

sarah said...

so nice to get away and have some alone time

Perley Family said...

Fun! What a great little getaway. It looks like you guys were able to do a lot in a short amount of time. I think It is so much fun to go on babymoons! And Happy Birthday! Now I am craving El Torito!

Marcie said...

What a fun vacay! Where do you find all of your darling clothes? You are always talking about sweets but I swear you don't gain a pound- what the heck?! :P

karlin said...

happy birthday! of course franklin came on your day. :) smart for the two of you to get away while you can. newborn babes change life for a little while but it is SO good to have him out!!

p.s. i have the same maternity suit but it's cuter on you!

nicole said...

I loved this post, I too love pasadena! Dan and I almost moved there, but Dan is an OC boy thru and thru. SO now, I just go up every once in a while for the day.

Maybe Dan and I can stay the night at that amazing hotel. How fun!