27 July, 2009

First and last Slumber Party!
For several months... Haven had trouble sleeping through the night due to some bad dreams. I knew there needed to be an end to it all before the baby came. The solution was a chart that we made together. Every morning if she slept through the night she would cross off a box. After 4 nights in a row she would get to go for Ice Cream. Add 5 nights on to that for a total of 9 nights she would get a merry go round ride, etc.! After 30 consecutive nights... she chose to get a sleep over. The day finally came... 30 nights! HOORAY! She had two friends over and although they had fun... they didn't do much sleeping! Nor did Bryan and I! I think that we will lay low on slumbers for awhile and maybe forever.

The girls watched a movie with popcorn at night
And in the morning we got breakfast at McDonalds and took it to picnic at the park!
We are PROUD of you Haven. Just make sure you keep it up!!!

9 comments:

camille said...

Dare I say that is hilarious!!!??? SO nice of you to do that, but I don't think I ever slept when friends spent the night either! Tough time for mom, eh? How adorable are those girls though? It makes me want to be a little girl again to have those fun sleep overs!

Aimee Molloy said...

great idea with the charts...Look like the girls had so much fun! Lucky little Haven for having such a creative mom

The Dean Family said...

so cute!! what a great idea! ella has had the same problem...i set up a little bed on the floor in our room so that when she wakes up she can come sleep on that...but i like your idea better..i'm gonna have to give that one a try!

Roney Family said...

I am glad that the reward worked and she is sleeping better! Im with you on the sleep overs. Im not a big fan! A girlfriend did a late over and I think I am sticking to that. Then when it is bed time they go home and the parents get some sleep! I hope you get some much needed sleep!

queenieweenie said...

My kids get ONE slumber party in their lifetime. Now you know why ;)

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

i am love that haven girl!

Jenny said...

I think we're done with sleepovers too. She sure had a great time though!

The Trotter Family said...

I thought you were supposed to get more sleep as they get older. Bummer! Well, I hope it gets better. Poor thing, bad dreams are the worst and when you are that young it is hard to deal with it!

Tarah said...

Kaili felt like such a BIG girl. She was so ecstatic and couldn't wait to tell me all about it when I got home from girls camp. THANK YOU SO MUCH!