09 May, 2009

A little bit of "Ketchup" and a whole lot of "Dirty Dancing"!
For Bryan's birthday I surprised him and took him for a fun night in L.A.!  We started with some shopping on Melrose.  Then Bryan had never been to Ketchup so we headed there for a fun dinner.  He thought it was REALLY good and I was happy he loved it.  He is hard to impress.
Hungry and waiting!
First bite of his slider!  His favorite thing there!
The best waiter and now manager ever, Darren!
Dirty Dancing just came to broadway and I found tickets for a great deal on Craigslist for opening night.  It was very similar to the movie and we both thought it was cute.  Of course I cried at the end when "Baby" finally does the lift!  And Bryan (who has never seen the movie) was laughing at the best line "Nobody puts Baby in  a corner"!  So cheesy yet so great!

I am certain we both left thinking... "I'VE HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE"!

13 comments:

Lisa Harris said...

I'm sorry, Bryan has never seen Dirty Dancing? Also, of all the times you go to Ketchup and Bryan has never joined you? Are you sure you two are married? :) I am laughing that you still have the same waiter as when we went.
What a fun little birthday celebration. Again, happy birthday Bryan!

Elizabeth said...

what a fun night! Happy birthday Bryan! I love how you took a picture with Darren Summer! I'm so glad he's still there, he really is so hilarious!!

Bill and Paige said...

Can't believe Brian has never seen dirty dancing!! I have to say that I love your cheesy line at the end:) You're so cute!! Love that dress too!

KIKS said...

dress is adorable! ketchup looked yum. and nobody puts BRYAN in the corner!

The Trotter Family said...

Happy b-day Bry!

Brooke Wilkins said...

Love Darren! Awesome! That is sooo great. You guys both look so good! Bryan 31 looks good on you!

shell said...

looks like fun. bryan is a treat for everyone. we all feel lucky to know him. Happy Birthday Bryan.

Hess Fam said...

what a fun b-day. i liked his f.b. update that said...'who's b-day celebration is this?'!
(are those his crutches in the background?)

karlin said...

Happy Birthday Bryan!

Valerie said...

Great date, great guy!! Happy Birthday Bryan! Sum, I love that he made you nervous when you first met him. Anyone who can make your heart race and blood pressure rise can keep you on your toes and almost never disappoint. By the way, would have loved to see a pic. of "baby" doing the lift!! Too funny

Lesley said...

Cute pictures! What a great birthday! That restaurant looks so fun and so does that play! Cute dress!

hub of the house said...

I want to see dirty dancing!!! do you know that I have never been to Ketchup and I live close by! I need to go! looking cute

Tiffany said...

Awww. How cute. I am jealous that you can leave your kids and go out. We have NO babysitters! It really sucks. Especially since we live so close to all the fun stuff. Next time call me and I will meet you at Ketchup. I have never been there, but Melrose is like 3 blocks from my house and I assume it is around there.