06 July, 2008

FOURTH FUN!

We had a GREAT 4th of July!  Crazy as usual but fun.  We started the afternoon before with bike decorating and popsicles.
The girls were so excited the night before.  Haven kept saying, "I can't wait to ride my bike behind the fire truck"!
We had a little pre-4th party with just the adults in the neighborhood after we put the girls to bed.

There was painting that everyone loved.
Bright and early the next morning before the parade!

Haven riding her decorated bike!

Cousin Thacker came to join in the parade fun!
Haven pushing her Sis
The flag ceremony!
Bryan was asked to give a little patriotic speech at the ceremony and be the MC!
The day went on with lots of activities for the kids.  First one... potato sack race!
Then some face painting...
Bryan and Marc were in charge of the painting and Bryan brought his airbrush and they did some cool things.

Our Bishop's sons/Haven's babysitters.

Some of the neighborhood gals!
The Jump Rope contest!

Haven and some of the little girls in the neighborhood did a Hula dance for the talent show.
Then it was off to the beach
The girls played...



while Morgan & I caught up for awhile.

Getting ready to watch fireworks from the sand...
and poor Berkley was so tired that she fell asleep on me which has NEVER happened!
We ended the 4th weekend going to dinner at Riptide Teppan and Sushi with some good friends and neighbors.

14 comments:

amanda said...

spuds, i can't handle: bryan's painted face, you at a sushi bar, your bathing suit & hat matching your girls, you jumping rope, berks in the parade, haven's decorated bike & b-dog's mustache and mcing, is there any other way?????

Brooke Wilkins said...

you are crazy! You must have been so tired! I love morgan's swimsuit! It is so cute! Yours was super cute too! I love it! Did you get Sushi? Please tell me you did!

Hess Fam said...

Weekend of total fun! I love that Big B joined you! And I love how I act like I know him!
Let's hang one day this week?!

SMALL and TALL said...

looks like so much fun. we tried to find you at the beach but there were way too many people. happy 4th of july.

Lisa Harris said...

Well happy 4th to you!! What a fun weekend. Please NEVER spend the 4th away from your beach/neighborhood. You would be bored out of your mind like the rest of us.

The Robin Family said...

Your neighborhood looks like so much fun. Everyone is involved. I loved how you were in the jump rope contest. The girls looked cute in their dresses you got in LA.

The Dean Family said...

so much fun! i love all the festivities...and the bike decorations were great!! you guys had a busy 4th..what great memories!

Shalyse said...

love all the photos. What fun memories you are making for your sweet little ladies!

Happy 4th!

kate said...

looks like you had a fun 4th. love the face painting...leave it to bry to do an amazing job. my fav is the pic of havs and the shovels.

Wendy said...

You neighborhood fiesta is off the hook! Sounds like you had a good 4th and had outfits for all occasions. P.S. Haven was so cute today with her testimony. Tess was begging to go up there. Maybe next time :)

Laura Ek said...

Looks like it was a great fourth as always! We wanted to come down to the beach, but Benny was very hesitant of Laguna traffic! I love all your outfit changes of the day, you look adorable!! I can't wait to talk to you about your dog!!!

Jenny said...

How in the world has noone commented about Marc's picture? I am dying! He's such a goof!!!
I love your neighborhood. I will admit I'm more than a little bit jealous sometimes. But my neighbor has brought me plums, apricots or tiny white peaches every few days for the past 3 weeks, so, ... I guess it's not so bad living on a street where the average age of the occupant is 58 :)
Fun 4th! As always!

Lesley said...

Congrats on your new dog Gordon!!! How fun! Cute 4th of July pictures! What a fun weekend! That is so fun that your neighborhood does something so big and fun! Cute outfits!!!

g.lock said...

oh my gosh, you know morgan from laguna beach?