14 March, 2010

You make me smile

Dear August~ Last week I tried to change your name. I even looked up how to legally do it and emailed a lawyer. Your dad wouldn't go for it and my friends thought I was crazy. And this week I am glad. I wanted to change it to Tallulah June. That was one of our top five names for you when we were deciding. But you aren't a Tallulah. You are our August Elle. Named after my sweet, kind hearted and little Italian great grandpa who was a BIG part of my life growing up. I think I have mostly struggled with your name because I have not known what to call you for short. And even though I didn't love it... I do now. I am going to start calling you Gussie. I think it is cute, silly and unique. Just like you! You make my heart melt little Gussie Girl! Your sisters do too and I love you all equal. But, there is something about a little person your age that is so scrumptious! You don't talk back. You don't get into things... YET! And you sleep a whole lot. I got really sad today when you outgrew some of my favorite little tiny baby outfits. Please STOP growing. You are doing it too fast!
XOXO~ Mom

No comments: