14 March, 2010

Jeanne The Italiano Grandma


This crazy lady had a birthday! Happy Birthday to a real gem. Here are some things about her I would like to have journaled and remember:
* She is a HUGE cat lover (wonder where Haven gets that from)
* She only had one child (my mother)
* She has been married 4 times (geez louise Jeanners)
* She has an amazing voice
* She is 100% Italian. Her mom and dad (my Nonny and Poppy) were born in Italy and came over to Ellis Island. They lived in Brooklyn. And that is where my Grandma Jeanne was born.
* She LOVES to go bargain shopping with me.
* She has an amazing eye and great taste. Her house is decorated awesome. In fact... Bryan and I dream about her kitchen. It's gorgeous!
* She has always taken care of people. My great grandparents (Nancy aka Nonny and Augustine aka Poppy) lived with her and she took care of them until they both passed away. It wasn't until I was in College. Now she is taking care of her brother.
* She sends cards, money and gifts for every holiday! Bryan makes fun of her that St. Patrick's Day, 4th of July and Memorial Day we can expect some kind of "surprise". She is the best about thinking of us and spoiling us a little. Even if only with small tokens.
* She can make a mean Mostaccioli!
* She is not afraid to give her opinion (I wonder where I get that from?)
* She has a great head of hair that has been known as "The Fro" or "The Mushroom" by my sister, brother and I!
You're slightly crazy but the greatest Jeanners butter and jelly!

No comments: