30 March, 2009

Our wonderful weekend!
We had such a busy yet fun weekend.  We were able to fly up to Salt Lake and enjoy a weekend in the freezing cold.  I don't know how I did it but was calm as ever on our flights.  Even with out taking anything.  And let me tell you... our flight there was pretty rough!  I wore my superwomen shirt to inspire myself that I could do it!
We when arrived we went straight to Temple Square and met up with David, his band and his family.  There we were greeted by M. Russell Ballard and Quentin E. Cook of the twelve apostles.  Being in their presence and hearing their testimonies of the Gospel was a neat experience.  From there we had a special tour around the Temple Grounds and watched the movie "Legacy".

After that we had a delicious dinner in the Ambassador Room of the Joseph Smith memorial building.  
After dinner we knew that David would be surprising the Mormon Tabernacle choir and singing for them at their thursday night rehearsal...
... little did we know that we would be invited to sing with them too!!!
I was horrible but I think Bryan really got into it!  It was the coolest thing!
Friday I had to help David get ready for his UK and Asia tour most of the day but was able to sneak away for a bit to meet up with Andrew and Elle.  We did some shopping at The Gateway and ate a late lunch!
We were lucky enough to be there the weekend of our dear friends Maeve and Brad's little guys Mile's 1st birthday!
I love my Maevis and her new place is fabulous!  They have done an amazing job remodeling it to look like it is out of a modern magazine!

For dinner... they had homemade Cafe Rio salads that tasted just like if you were at the restaurant!
We left the party to head to David's concert at the E Center!  And when I pulled up to the red light... we saw this in front of us!  You know you are in Utah when... you are in traffic behind a tractor!
I LOVED that Bryan was able to see David in concert.  I think he was really impressed with how comfortable he looked up on stage and how he sang his heart out!!!
After the show we went back stage and told David what a great job he did!
After a QUICK 36 hour trip... we flew home saturday and I was able to bring Haven to the Kid's Choice Awards!  She had to come up early to dress David with me.  She adores him!  P.S. This is not what he wore.  This was one of the choices but not what we chose and good thing.  One of those twin boys from Zack and Cody wore this same shirt!
She also adored Nicole Boschetti who we went with!
My favorite movie in college was Rush Hour and Chris Tucker was a favorite comedian/ actor of mine!
Lisa Rinna was a twig with LARGE and in charge lips!
Haven, Nicole and I!
Haven loved Heidi and Hannah (two of the girls we met up with)!
Nic and Haven
Brooke Burke with her hubby and kids.  Can't remember his name but he is not bad on the eyes!
Ashley Tisdale
After the show on the Nickelodeon "orange" carpet!
I love wonderful memories like these!

25 comments:

g.lock said...

We had SO much fun! So nice to see you and Bryan as always. And glad you and Haven had a good time at the awards show! See you guys in a couple of days! Yay for no more snow :)

Love Drew and Elle

karlin said...

You have one busy life! Looks like fun and Haven looks darling. I have to admit I'm a little sad you FLEW to Salt Lake and we didn't get to see you! I understand, next time maybe when you have a little more time...

kiks said...

Your such a MORMON! and I love it. you crack me up. I'd pay to have heard you in that choir, actually never mind, I've heard enough of your car solos for a lifetime.

oh, and your sis-in-law is adorbs!

D-dawg said...

I cannot believe you sang with the motab! I would have loved to see that. I love your weekend updates! You are all over the place and it is so fun that you get to do so much. Haven is adorable in all of these photos.

Hess Fam said...

FINALLY! I'm laughing at Kristi's comment! I'm glad you survived the flights...and I'm glad that the Hess' were the lucky ones to be the first to send you and greet you!

Brooke Wilkins said...

Man I want to sing with the MOTAB! No fair girl! You look awesome in all the pictures by the way! Miss you! You never call me! But now I know why! You are too busy!

Natalie Hall said...

Way to fun!!! I love the photo of you and Bryan in the plane. And you are pregnant! What the heck!!!!!

Natalie Hall said...

Sorry, I cut off. Summer, you look incredible!

Lisa Harris said...

Oh my little Summer. What a great weekend! You still look fab my friend.

Sarah Hull said...

SUMMMSTER!!! I laughed OUT LOUD at that picture of you singing with the MoTab!
What a super fresh and fun weekend! Too awesome.
Glad to hear you were cool and calm on the plane. I still cant even think about flying right now!

amanda said...

ha... ho... hit me! what else is it good for aslulusley nusing!

love the music, love all your stylish clothes, and love the view out of your windshield in utah!!!!

love you puddsicle...
peacock

amanda said...

or should i call myself....swan?

Lesley said...

What a busy, fun weekend Summer! I too, LOVE the picture of you singing with the choir! That is great!!! You are so lucky to be able to do all this fun stuff! Haven is adorable! And when are you going to start showing?!!! You look great!

queenieweenie said...

I can't believe you sang with the MOTAB! Priceless.

The Trotter Family said...

Wow, that is crazy! How fun, you have to be exhausted. I know I would be!

kate said...

looks like a blast! can't believe you sang with the choir.

havs looks so cute at the kids choice awards!

The Dean Family said...

so fun!!! love the tractor picture!!LOL!! and i love all the celeb. photos!!! i think chris tucker is so funny too!

Jeff and Kandis said...

What a great trip!
Holy cow that's a big weekend.
What great experiences, you better be writing in your journal girl!

Teagan said...

Love the SuperWomen Shirt!!
What great experiences you have. Its great to have a sneak peek of them...thanks for sharing them on your blog.
And can I just say you look Fabulous my Pregnant friend!!!!!!

ali said...

MoTab = Classic!

Shalyse said...

summer...these are great! what a fun weekend. :-)

sarah said...

Okay wait aren't you almost 20 weeks preg? where is your bump? I am HUGE this time around...starting showing at 6 wks. HA!

SUMMER said...

Sarah- I am 21 weeks and I am totally showing now! It doesn't look like it in these pictures but I had a BIG growth spurt this past week. I am already SO uncomfortable!

Allyson Rios said...

I love all of these pictures Summer! What a super fun weekend you guys had... I love to live vicariously through you! PS - I think Chris Tucker is so hilarious too, and LOVED Rush Hour!

UsdailyReader said...

um, wow. great weekend. are you sure we are at the same point in our pregnancies - cause you look normal and i have sick pregnant face. hmmm....

kara