04 May, 2008

Not much...

...going on here obviously!  Berkley finally got rid of her fever.  I brought her in to the Dr.'s on friday and he said that it must just be a virus because he could see nothing else wrong.  Her sleeping all weekend was bizarre though.  

Bryan felt bad I missed my trip and was SO nice on thursday night.  He came home and told me to go have some "Retail Therapy" and tried to get me to go shopping.  I usually would have JUMPED at the opportunity but felt too guilty spending money when I had just wasted money on a plane ticket and conference I didn't go to.  Friday made for a long day too.  Berkley would NOT let me put her down all day.  I thought that it may be a good idea for Bryan and I to get out after the girls went to bed so I got a babysitter.  When we left around 7:30, they were fast asleep.  45 minutes later we were enjoying our Avocado Egg Rolls at Cheesecake Factory when we get the call from home that Berkley is awake!  We take our food To-Go and head home.  Needless to say the movie we were going to see after never happened.  We came home and she stayed awake until after midnight.  The next day she napped for 5 hours straight!  WHAT is this kind of sleeping schedule?  I hope that she will be on her normal schedule this week now that she is feeling better.

On a brighter note... Haven finished her two week swimming lesson course and can survive in water on her own.  I wouldn't say she is a good swimmer yet but we will get her there.  

I think she had to pee in this picture.

Another bright note... I escaped saturday night for a little Girl's Night out and saw this movie.  I thought it was super cute and hilarious.  I am VERY biased though b/c Bryan and I are HUGE Saturday Night Live fans and LOVE Amy Poehler and Tina Fey.

19 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Okay, that picture of Haven with the umbrella is way too cute! What a little Sass. Lisa was telling me that movie was super funny. Guess I need to see it.

Brooke Wilkins said...

sorry you missed your trip again! Girl you should go shopping! I mean come on! You deserve it!

Roney Family said...

Glad that little berkley is feeling better. It sure is horrible when they are feeling sick. Glad that you got out to see that movie. Looks really love. Reagan and I love SNL Also.

hub of the house said...

Haven is adorable as usual in her umbrella bathing suit get up!!

Sara Decker said...

Haven looks like you in that first picture. She's got personality like her mommy!

Lisa Harris said...

We had a little girls night at the movies on Friday and LOVED Baby Mama. So funny. So glad Berkley is feeling better. Maybe you can save your "retail therapy" for Friday:>

Valley Girl said...

Poor berk!!! And poor you, that really stinks you keep missing oout on fun things....I hope things go back to normal soon!
Haven looks so funny in that picture...I wishe we lived closer so we could do swim partys!!!
hey is that little boy in havens swim class Cobi Romerswinkle? If not he looks just like him....Cobi is Jt's best best friend!!!

SUMMER said...

Val- yes... it is Cobi! He is such a cutie and turned into a great little swimmer!!!

shell said...

you need an escape (say that like Dori from Nemo). I am sorry. things seem to go from bad to worse for you. good luck

Perley Family said...

It is so hard when kids are sick! No one gets any sleep. I'm glad she is feeling better now; but sad that you didn't get to get away for a few days. Bummer. And, by the way Haven is too cute!!!
~Kris

Elizabeth said...

you're lucky berkley finally got rid of her fever, that is what we are dealing with in my house with olivia. It totally bugs when there is nothing you can do!
That movie looks hilarious, i need to go see it i love SNL too!

The Dean Family said...

summer..i sure hope your little tot gets feeling better! no fun!..i can tell you're such a good mom:)...that's great that haven can swim now...ella took swimming lessons last yr. and loved it..however, they didn't have them this yr. for some reason..and i was so bummed...but the greatest thing ever is: water wings..i just put them on ella and she's so independent in the pool!

Eve said...

I'm so sad for you that you missed your trip and your weekend didn't work out after that. I hope you feel guilt-free enough for some shopping soon. :)

The Trotter Family said...

I love that picture on the side! She is such a ham for the camera. How fun to have a little sassy girl!

Raquel said...

Hi Summer-
I'm not sure how I got to your blog-it was one of those click a link to another link and another link and so on:) But I had to comment on the movie-I cannot wait to see it and I'm so excited to hear good reviews:) Also you have 2 darling little girls-make me want to try again to see if we can be blessed with a little girl:)
Raquel Braun
www.hereweareathome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That pic of Haven is awesome!! Quite the little model.....something you might want to think about. Your girls are too cute!! Glad little Berks is feeling better! I still need to send you those homeopathic books. They work!

Jenny said...

Okay that picture is a CLASSIC of Haven. Totally her!
Once again, why is my daughter a giant? I need to start training her to stand in the back for pictures!
Baby Mama was hilarious. Even the second time around :)

diane said...

We missed you! Hope to meet you next year. Glad your baby is better!

Abi said...

Nice job Haven! It is so nice when kids can swim on their own!!!