01 November, 2010

Ojai



































We had SUCH a great time getting away for our 10 year anniversary! We have always made an effort to celebrate every year. For the big decade celebration we knew we wanted to go away. We had all sorts of ideas in mind but wanted to stay semi close b/c it makes me nervous when I'm too far from the kids (I know.. I've got anxiety bad). Being here in California there seems to be so many places to explore. I love it. Shout out to Danielle Garlock and Adam Marquis for recommending The Ojai Valley Inn and Spa. It was fabulous! We packed in so many memories! I will never forget:
*Driving there on PCH. The day was beautiful and it was so peaceful driving down the coast.
*Being surprised at check in with a complimentary upgrade to a gorgeous room with a fireplace and private patio on the golf course
*Almost beating Bryan at Tennis :)
*A brisk early morning walk for homemade muffins and hot cocoa
*Riding bikes into town for lunch and shopping
*Bart's outdoor book bizarre
*Bryan getting my horse Pico to trot and me nearly flying off!
*Talking Bryan into Yoga and him liking it more than I did
* Hoarding complimentary fresh Pumpkin Spice cookies at the hotel each afternoon that were the best I've ever had
*Trying to figure out what celebrity was staying there while we were
*Putting on the greens
*Most delicious dinners I have ever tasted. Fresh organic foods grown in the gardens and yards of almost every restaurant there!
*Bocalli's homemade lasagna and strawberry shortcake
*Spa Afternoon
*Downtown Santa Barbara
*Outlet shopping
*A FUN USC game on the way home
*Five Guys Burgers to end it all

A big THANKS to my Nordstrom Visa card travel points for sponsoring our trip! Years of groceries and gasoline pays off when you charge it!

What a fun 10 years this has been with Bryan! I am one lucky gal!

No comments: