10 January, 2009

WWW= Wonderful weekend weather!
Although I have not gotten out of my pajamas/ sweats nor have put makeup on in the past four weeks and don't plan to for another 3-7 weeks... I found a few activities today that I could relax and enjoy.  Being in my own house at this point makes me nauseous so being outside was great and helped me to feel a bit better.  
The morning started with a neighbor tulip fest.  Six of us houses that are in the curve of our street all planted tulips at 10:00 am this morning and plan on them all blooming at the same time.  
The girls had fun helping Patti
Then with some shame, I joined these ladies in my sweats and no makeup for a lunch to end the tulip planting at the home of Carla.  She served us on her China and made wonderful Canelloni, salad, bread and chocolate ice cream with raspberries.  
We then made it down to the beach for a couple hours where it was beautiful and the girls had a great time playing in the sand and water.  
Berkley got a little bob haircut and I think it looks so cute.  Bryan thinks she looks like a boy and preferred her mullet.  I don't get it.



Tomorrow it is supposed to be even warmer... so strange for January but I will take it!  If I could only plan for good weather on Haven's birthday next week... she might actually be able to have a beach party for once in her life.

20 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Berk's hair is adorable! I hope you are feeling better?!

Shalyse said...

I feel SO sorry for you! being sick is THE WORST thing in the world!! at least you found some fun things to do!! :-) looks like a fun neighborhood activity. and the beach??? now I am SUPER DUPER JEALOUS!!!

Elizabeth said...

what a cute idea to plant tulips! I'm sorry you are feeling sick, i really don't like being pregnant! i need to take Haven for you again!!

the cummard family said...

seeing H in that swimsuit makes me so excited for Q to wear hers. i love it! i seriously cannot wait for summer and the heat! i'm so sick of winter. feel better soon!

Lisa Harris said...

Wow, it is warm. How fun to play in the water in January. Berkley's hair is perfect, nothing boy about it. I'm glad your venturing out of bed and into the fresh air. Miss you.

Jeff and Kandis said...

I love berkley's hair-do, so cute!

karlin said...

First, I cannot believe you were at the beach in swimsuits! You are venturing out more than I am. I love Berkley's hair. She looks so grown up! and I hope your Grandpa is doing better. That's scary.

Sarah Hull said...

Loving Berkley's hair and loving the tulip idea too! I hope you get to feeling better soon.
It's so hard to feel yucky and try and keep kids happy!

amberbuck said...

Berkleys hair looks so cute! I had to do that to Maggies hair when she was that age, hence the mullet she had. You know your from Cali when your at the beach in January. I'm such a wimp at the beach even in the summer time! Cute pictures and btw you minus makeup is beautiful! Don't feel bad girl!

Perley Family said...

I am so sorry you are sick...that is the worst! But, that fact that you got to go the beach in mid-january makes me so jealous! I so wish we had some warm weather here!!! Cute pictures!

kate said...

I love Berks hair! lets do the beach again tomorrow.

Lesley said...

Cute pictures! I am so jealous of your weather! I can't believe you are at the beach in January!!!! Lucky you! I hope you start feeling better soon Summer! I am so excited for you!

Brooke Wilkins said...

I love the bob! There is no way she could EVER look like a boy! She is a doll!

The Trotter Family said...

I think her hair is adorable and you look great even without make up. It must be the prego glow!

Tarah said...

you got some great pics of all those pretty little girls.

Chelsea said...

Love Berkley's hair cut! I think it is adorable. Janie's hair is like that too. So cute!

Maeve said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. But the beach sounds like just what you need. I need to call you! I am such a bad friend.

queenieweenie said...

What an awesome tradition! If only I liked my neighbors...j/k.

Beach days in January. We DO live in the best place on earth!

Feel better!

Natalie Hall said...

That is a great thing to group the whole street together, really cool! You all will watch those little flowers together, oh so tender...

And I must agree Berkley is to adorable... And Gorgeous weather! So jelous of the beach, Disneyland, oh I could go on..

OMG!!! I love that I saw you on Amercian Idol... I was running on the treadmill and you caught my eye.. I paused it and had the whole fam run in.. You looked marvelous darling.

Now go rest your pretty little head..

Nate and Tasha said...

This weather has been great. We actually were hot at the beach on Sat. Looks like you guys had a good time, lets hope these summer days stay a while!