08 June, 2009

GIRLY GIRLS!
Haven and Berkley are obsessed with makeup!  They are obsessed to the point of lying about/ hiding my makeup items almost weekly.  The other day... I was able to bribe Haven to keep Berkley in one place and play Barbies for 30 minutes while I got some shut eye.  Her reward choice... Walgreens for some lipgloss.  You may think this sounds bad but that is just what a pregnant girl has got to do to rest with two kids who don't nap!  
This morning... after I sent Haven off to school I felt a quick morning nap necessary.  I got three bowls of snacks(Teddy Grahams, Cheerios and Pirate Booty) for Berkley and locked her upstairs with me for some TV and munchies while I crawled back into bed.  When I woke up a mere 20 minutes later... I saw a clown with bright pink rouge watching Barney! 
I think the BEST part of this whole makeup rage is when Haven and I had this conversation last week:
Haven: "Mommy?  When you die, can I have all of your makeup?"
Me: (rolling my eyes)"Sure Haven"
Haven: "Well, when do you think you are going to die?"
Me: (somewhat laughing but kind of sad that she would actually probably prefer makeup to me)"I hope not for a long time and by then... you will have a whole bunch of your OWN makeup!"
*The thoughts that run through these kid's minds STILL surprise me daily!* 
I am secretly hoping for this next girl to be a tomboy!!!

21 comments:

the cummard family said...

that is hilarious! Q is such a tomboy, i love it. she is so like me it's not even funny. polish only on the toes, and lipgloss. tills however sounds more like your girls. any chance she can get and get into some of the make up i have in the bathroom, she's in it. it makes me crazy!

can't wait to see girl #3...hope you've decided on a name!

Bill and Paige said...

That is so funny!!! I though for sure you'd have a pic of berkley with make up on:(

UsdailyReader said...

It's not in the cards Scummy!

SUMMER said...

You are right Linds... it probably isn't in the cards. However, it would be great! Bring on the soccer and softball games! I am not joking that I didn't wear makeup until college and still am no good with it.

Laura Ek said...

I am dying, that was a good laugh for me!

Brooke Wilkins said...

That is too funny! Reese is the SAME way. it is sooo funny! If I go upstairs to do my makeup, she is like right there wanting to put on EVERYTHING. I doubt baby #3 will be a tomboy with her older sisters showing her the way of makeup and princesses!

kiks said...

well at least ur SON doesn't want to wear eyeliner everyday so he can look like Jack Sparrow. yeah, try explaining that one to chee.

Lisa Harris said...

That is cute. I love the tactics we use to get some extra sleep. Sometimes it works in our favor, other times..

shell said...

you need a pic of that. tatum loves to play in make up too

Teagan said...

okay so I am totally cracking up!!
That is hilarious!!
Seriously, they all say that darnest things sometimes! I love how they can always keep up laughing!

camille said...

That was great! Your girls are soooo cute and they love make-up because their mom is so pretty and fun. It's a natural progression. I was hoping for a picture of Berkley with the Barney make-up on. Dang it!

The Hannegan Clan said...

Sum - nothing wrong with napping and locking the kids in with you with snacks and TV. I felt horrible about it at first too, but when I would wake up and I felt much better... It was all worth it. And I'm dying over the fact that she asked you when you are going to die! Kids say the darndest things!

Cami said...

Hilarious! That is pretty sad that your child would rather have your makeup than you, Sum! I love it, though! And, hey, I am all for a little bribing. Whatever works - at least lip gloss is cheap!

By the way, you look so great!

Eve said...

I have to disagree about you not knowing how to do your makeup - you are always totally put together!

Thanks for the cute comment - I can't believe how close we are getting! I am just glad the last couple weeks have been so cool, we both know what we're in for the rest of the summer!

Oh, totally random. I saw on FB you are probably using August. We were *this* close to using it for our boy! How random is that?

The Dean Family said...

that is so cute! ella is the same way..she L-O-V-E-S make-up...her favorite is to go to claires and buy make-up by the kit-loads..ha!ha!

Valley Girl said...

Ok i have tried to leave a comment on here like three times,(my connection is terrible) and every time i read your conversation with Berkley it gets funnier to me...
Kaylen, would love your girls, i think they might be of the same mold;)

oooh yeah... no tomboys in your future i'm afraid

Elizabeth said...

hahah, that is so hilarious but a little sad! My kids are obsessed with Makeup too and i can't stand it!

D-dawg said...

SUmmer that is SO FUNNY. Haven is darling. And locking your kids up to get a nap is totally ok.

Sara Decker said...

You will never have a tomboy, but can you imagine if you did? it would kill you if they refused to wear a bow (speaking of, how do you get your girls to keep them in all the time?)...you may just have to go for #4 and get a little boy!

Janice said...

I just don't think a tom boy is possible for you! Yes... you could always have a 4th and try for a boy??

valerie said...

I am with Jan on this one. My thoughts exactly.